Anti Spam Resources
Stop Messenger Spam for Free
If you are looking for a solution to those pesky "Messenger Service" popups, there is a very easy fix.
You see, those popups are actually a network feature of the Windows operating system so that network users can message each other.
Well, the internet is a computer network and you are getting messaged :)
The good news is that you do not have to spend money to fix this problem - you can, but you don't have to.
Here is how to get rid of messenger service popups for free:
To Disable Messenger Service
- Click Start > Run and type "services.msc" (no quotes) in the Open: line and click OK
- In the right pane, scroll down to Messenger
- Double click Messenger and click the General tab
- Under Service Status: click the Stop button
- In the Startup Type: drop down box, select Disable
- Click Apply and OK